Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hot Dog Harbinger

Over hot dogs and frozen drinks, Breann and I compared medical histories, family backgrounds, and questions each of us had asked for 40 years. I still hadn't processed her conspiracy theory regarding us being robots. In New York only two more days, I was more interested in learning about Breann, than doctors and parts. The pain in my chest had been there 11 years, she had been in my life for 24 hours. Seeing my eyes sleek over from information, Breann stopped talking. For two minutes, we sat in silence. Then, simultaneously, we said "let's find the other four!"

*blogger's note* - This is my entry for @velvetverbosity 's 100 word challenge at her awesome website, http://www.velvetverbosity.com/ . The one word prompt is SLEEK. This is a continuation of the story I'm writing.

The other episodes are located here:

http://lance-myblogcanbeatupyourblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/serendipity-6.html

http://lance-myblogcanbeatupyourblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/personality-crisis.html

http://lance-myblogcanbeatupyourblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/synchronicity.html

Today's song is what I had playing in my ehad when I wrote this. Plus I hope I'm hooking you with the storyline. I saw Blues Traveler do this song exactly 17 years ago this week. They are great live...here's Hook






10 comments:

  1. I'm loving this story! I can't wait to find out what the other four characters are like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool the way some of you are creating continuing stories with 100 words. Does that make it more or less difficult to work with the prompt? Just curious as I've never tried that.

    A little helpful suggestion...be sure to watch for grammatical typos. They can detract from the storyline and you don't want that! :)

    Especially love the title on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice...kind of reminds me of the last book I read "Never Let Me Go", but your story has robots (maybe?)!! Robots are always kick-ass!

    hed hed above water

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought that song was pretty neat, especially since it sort of insults everyone who listens to it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting more drawn into this story all the time...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I can't wait for next week's entry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your use of the word sleek in this. If I hadn't looked up the word a couple of days ago I wouldn't have thought it proper usage. But, yes . . . great job. And, I am being drawn into this story, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first round of 100 words and my first visit here ... will have to catch up on your characters - well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job. I am loving this storyline.

    ReplyDelete